Company: Western Partitions, Inc.
Location: North Port
Posted on: September 13, 2023
Note: This employer is open to candidates who want to work
Western Partitions, Inc. (WPI) is one of the largest and most
reputable interior and exterior contracting firms in the Northwest.
WPI provides superior contracting services for drywall,
prefabrication, metal studs, acoustical systems, wall panels,
fireproofing, firestopping, stucco, claddings, painting, windows,
doors/frames/hardware, and more.
Headquartered in Wilsonville, Oregon, WPI also has offices in
Eugene, Seattle, Reno, Las Vegas, Albuquerque, Salt Lake City,
Boise, Phoenix, and Spokane. WPI serves the West including Oregon,
Washington, California, Idaho, Nevada, Utah, Arizona, Montana,
Hawaii, Alaska, and other regions determined by our growing
national customer base.
Since WPI's inception in 1972, we have provided award-winning
construction without sacrificing integrity, safety, or efficiency.
We are proud that a significant percentage of our business comes
from repeat customers. Our service-oriented, fast-track approach,
coupled with an attention to detail has resulted in a superior
reputation within our industry. We work hard every day to earn our
customers' trust and confidence.
Throughout our history, our dedication to our employees, quality of
work, and customers has set us apart. The strongest characteristic
of our organization is the prominent level of pride we take in
every job we complete. Our employees are driven to do the job right
the first time without compromise. Lastly, our customers choose WPI
based on the emphasis we place on communication, trust, and
The BIM Designers objective is to produce accurate models or
drawings based on WPIs area of work. The BIM Designer should be
able to work most assignments and projects with minimal assistance.
The Designer reports directly to the BIM Manager. Other work will
- Understand and comply with all WPI policies, procedures, and
corporate safety program.
- BIM Content Development for the project.
- Create models related to WPI work.
- Model WPI elements using Architect, Structural, and MEP
- Basic walls, openings, ceilings, framing members, and other
- Develop models to illustrate contractor questions and
- Distribute new and revised models showing changes and RFI
- 2D detailing for shop drawings.
- This may include cold formed steel framing, claddings,
flashings, strut ceilings, and other related items.
- Field coordination support.
- Evaluate construction installations relative to 3D coordinated
- Prepare shop drawing level 2D Drawings & 3D models for
- Model constructability issues and solutions for selfperformed
- Calculate quantities for material orders and crew work
planning, as requested.
- Produce dimensioned drawings from the model.
- Participate in job layout driven by 3D model data.
- Take direction from WPI construction and engineering team and
translate to the model or drawing.
- Ensure construction document accuracy based on other trades or
designs such as architectural, structural, and MEP models.
- Collaborate and Coordinate with BIM service providers and
- Produce various documents or drawings for various requirements
to support the project and field team.
- Identify conflicts, incomplete or ambiguous design
- Adhere to BIM Execution Plan and BIM project workflow criteria.
Follow BIM content standards and development procedures.
- May take the lead on developing some discipline specific BIM
modeling content for project.
- Create new library components (under the supervision of BIM
Lead or BIM Manager).
- Print drawing sets for professional team and participate in
- Prepare own discipline model and/or content for BIM
Coordination Meetings. Attend meetings with the project
- Ability to export DWG, NWC and other formats for collaboration
internally and externally.
- High level of communication and good writing skills.
- Leveraging BIM software and tools as a methodology to
coordinate design documentation.
- Must possess a high school diploma and/or GED.
- Completion of a degree or certificate in CAD technology or
- Have a minimum of 3 years experience actively using Revit for a
design or construction firm and be able to demonstrate good working
- Demonstrate the ability to read and understand plans and
- Demonstrate effective written and verbal English language
- Ability to use independent judgement, problem-solving ability,
self-starting, and ability to prioritize based on relevant
- Ability to prioritize personal workload and recognize priority
conflicts and seek guidance for resolution.
- Valid drivers license and good driving record are
- Proficient in Microsoft Windows, Microsoft Office Suite (Excel,
Word, and Outlook).
- Strong oral and written communication skills is required.
- Ability to work in team environment is required.
- Ability to multitask, think critically, and problem-solve is
- Must be able to work independently, make decisions, and follow
through on all assignments.
- Must possess strong organizational and computer use skills and
have a high level of competency to read/write/speak English,
interpret safety documentation and communicate with coworkers.
- Knowledge of BIM/VDC Technology & Other Software:
- Navisworks (Manage)
- AGACAD, MWF, or other related Revit add-ins
- Bluebeam, Bluebeam Studio
- BIM-360 Collaboration Products (Docs, Glue, Design, Coordinate,
- Procore, BOX, Dropbox, Sharepoint, Plangrid
- Adobe Software
- General understanding of interoperability between software used
to accomplish own discipline tasks.
This role is not eligible for visa sponsorship.
At WPI our employees are our greatest asset. We put our people
first and are proud to provide a comprehensive benefits package
designed to meet the needs of our employees at every stage of
In our commitment to fostering an environment where everyone can
thrive personally and professionally, we offer:
- Competitive pay
- Incentive bonus plan
- 401(k) retirement savings plan with match
- Medical, prescription drug, dental and vision insurance plans
with flexible spending account option
- Life insurance, accidental death, and disability benefits
- Flexible paid time off policy and paid holidays
WPI provides equal employment and affirmative action opportunities
to applicants and employees without regard to race, color,
religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national
origin, protected veteran status, or disability.
WPI is a background screening, drug-free workplace.
This job description is intended to outline the general nature and
level of work being performed by employees. It is not designed to
cover or contain a comprehensive list of responsibilities, duties,
or skills required of the employee of this job. Furthermore, this
description is subject to change at the discretion of the company,
with or without notice.
Revised 8-25-2023Full compensation packages are based on candidate
experience and certifications.Oregon pay range$50,000$73,000
USDInterested in working from home? This employer is open to
candidates who want to work remote.
Keywords: Western Partitions, Inc., North Port , BIM Designer, Other , North Port, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!