Company: Ross Stores, Inc
Location: North Port
Posted on: November 18, 2022
Welcome to Ross Stores, Inc., where our differences make us
stronger... At Ross and dd's, inclusion is a way of life. We care
about our Associates and the communities we serve and we value
their differences. We are committed to building diverse teams and
an inclusive culture. We respect and celebrate the diversity of
backgrounds, identities, and ideas of those who work and shop with
us. Come join us as we continue our diversity, equality and
inclusion journey! GENERAL PURPOSE:; The Area Supervisor is a
member of the Store Leadership who is responsible for a specific,
assigned area of the Store as well as the general operations and
supervision of the Store when functioning as the Manager on Duty.;
Area Supervisors are responsible for opening and closing the Store,
supervising Associates, and maintaining a friendly, easy to shop
environment. They ensure proper merchandise presentation, and
maintain a clean work area at all times. Area Supervisors are also
responsible for executing and supervising Company operational
processes as needed. ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS: Maintaining Safe ; Secure
Environments: * Understands that safety is the number one priority
and practices safe behaviors in everything they do.
* Maintains a high level of awareness on the sales floor to create
a safe and secure shopping environment for everyone.; Immediately
corrects or reports any unsafe conditions or practices to Store
* Responsible for security of building including entrance/exit
control (Associate entry/egress, receiving door, daily trash
removal, etc.), Electronic Article Surveillance (EAS) devices daily
function check, Cash Office security, armored carrier pick-ups and
* Removes clutter and ensures safe, clear egress to emergency
* Responsible for Customer safety including accident prevention,
accident reporting and emergency procedures.;;
* Tests all fire alarm systems as scheduled. Responds to
after-hours alarms when requested. Customer Service: * Treats all
Customers, Associates, and other leaders with respect.
* Demonstrates courtesy, friendliness, and professionalism at all
times. Recognizes Associates using Company recognition programs.
Personal and Store Brand * Represents and supports the Company
brand at all times.
* Maintains a professional appearance, in accordance with Company
Dress Code. Ensures all Associates adhere to the Company Dress Code
at all times.
* Keeps all areas of the Store clean, well-maintained, and
merchandised to standard.
* Responsible for daily trash removal. General Merchandising: *
Ensures recovery, sizing and markdowns are completed to Company
standards through teaching, assigning tasks, and following up per
Company best practice.
* Responsible for receiving merchandise truck when needed.
* Processes all merchandise with a sense of urgency.
* Responsible for receipt of all non-merchandise inbound deliveries
(i.e. signs, supplies, special deliveries, etc.).
* Responsible for cleanliness and organization of all
* Helps deliver and place merchandise on sales floor when all
merchandise is processed.
* Responsible for ensuring any back-stock is secured and processed
to Company policy.
* Responsible for merchandising of department including the back
* Responsible for the reduction of loss due to damage.
* Ensures compliance to the monthly presentation guidelines in
* Responsible for floor moves and signing including promotional
signing as needed.
* Responsible for re-wraps as needed. Loss Prevention: *
Understands and complies with the Loss Prevention Awareness Program
and is responsible for Store Loss Prevention which includes
maintaining a large Customer service presence on the sales floor,
Customer and Associate engagement and heightened Loss Prevention
* As a representative of Ross Leadership, demonstrates integrity
and honesty in all interactions with Associates and Customers.;
Safeguards confidential information, cash and credit card
information and merchandise.
* Ensures Public View Monitor (PVM) system is maintained
* Conducts "Code 50" package inspections.
* Executes all Company Best Practices and maximizes productivity by
minimizing steps and touches while working. Front End Supervision
and Operations: * Executes all Company Best Practices and maximizes
productivity by minimizing steps and extra touches when working.
Ensures Associates are executing to Company standards at the Front
* Maintains pace, energy and "presence" at the Front End, managing
the line to expedite; Customers wait time
* Trains and coach Associates on cash registers, shortage control
policies and other Front End procedures. To meet friendly and
* Controls Retail Associates' break schedule for backups, lunches
* Ensures all equipment is working properly.
* Maintains proper supplies and recovery for the Front End
* Ensures go backs are expedited, properly scanned, security tagged
* Teaches all Associates the "Scan and Bag" best practice.
* Ensures salability of merchandise on the Front End, aisle tables,
Men's/Women's 4-way features, and specialty racks. Fitting Rooms: *
Responsible for the maintenance and cleanliness of the Fitting
* Ensures all Fitting Room garment tags are audited and accounted
for to Company policy.;
* Ensures go-back compliance throughout the day.; All merchandise
returned to the sales floor must be ticketed, scanned, nubbed and
security tagged as needed. Administrative Duties as Assigned by
Store Manager: * Ensures Cash pulls and bank deposits are conducted
to Company policy.
* Responsible for Front End control when needed. Understands and
adheres to the policies and procedures that refer to refund
approval, Associate purchase approval, securing tills and cash in
safe, register Paid Outs/Ins, void approval, register media and
* Responsible for payroll administration including daily punch
edits, Associate scheduling compliance, Sunday payroll transmission
and Payroll reporting as needed.
* Other duties as assigned by Store Manager. COMPETENCIES: *
Manages Work Processes
* Business Acumen
* Plans, Aligns ; Prioritizes
* Builds Talent
* Leading by Example
* Communicates Effectively
* Ensures Accountability ; Execution QUALIFICATIONS AND SPECIAL
SKILLS REQUIRED: * Excellent verbal communication skills.
* Fluency in English.
* Prior Customer Service and supervisory experience preferred.
* Familiarity with point-of-sale equipment and applications.
* Ability to perform basic mathematical calculations commonly used
in retail environments.
* Ability to work evenings and weekends. PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS/ADA:
Ability to use all Store equipment, including PDTs, registers and
PC as required. Ability to spend up to 100% of working time
standing, walking, and moving around the Store. Ability to
regularly bend at the waist, squat, kneel, climb, carry, reach, and
stoop. Ability to occasionally push, pull and lift more than 25
lbs. Ability to use janitorial equipment, rolling racks, ladders
and other assigned supplies. Certain assignments may require other
qualifications and skills. Associates who work Stockroom shifts:;
ability to regularly push, pull and lift more than 20 lbs.
SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES: Retail Associates Stockroom Leads
(where applicable) DISCLAIMER This job description is a summary of
the primary duties and responsibilities of the job and position.;
It is not intended to be a comprehensive or all-inclusive listing
of duties and responsibilities.; Contents are subject to change at
management's discretion. Ross is an equal employment opportunity
employer. We consider individuals for employment or promotion
according to their skills, abilities and experience. We believe
that it is an essential part of the Company's overall commitment to
attract, hire and develop a strong, talented and diverse workforce.
Ross is committed to complying with all applicable laws prohibiting
discrimination based on race, color, religious creed, age, national
origin, ancestry, physical, mental or developmental disability, sex
(which includes pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding and medical
conditions related to pregnancy, childbirth or breastfeeding),
veteran status, military status, marital or registered domestic
partnership status, medical condition (including cancer or genetic
characteristics), genetic information, gender, gender identity,
gender expression, sexual orientation, as well as any other
category protected by federal, state or local laws.
Keywords: Ross Stores, Inc, North Port , Area Supervisor, Other , North Port, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!