Location: North Port
Posted on: May 3, 2021
BE A PART OF OUR SUCCESS!
Founded in 1958, Perkins operates324 restaurants in 32states
andfourCanadian provinces. The Perkins system includes90
company-owned and operated restaurants and 234 franchised
units.Throughout its history, Perkins Restaurant & Bakery has
remained true to its mission of providing guests with personalized
service and delicious, homestyle food at a great value.
Perkins has experienced years of success through ensuring 100%
guest satisfaction on every visit. If you want to work and grow
with a company who has a proven track record of success, has an
unmatched commitment to their employees and employees the best in
the industry, you are in the right place!
As a Kitchen Manager, you will be responsible for managing the
back-of-the house operations and achieving planned sales and profit
levels for the restaurant through the implementation, management
and enforcement of company policies, procedures, programs and
performance standards. In addition, you will provide direction to
back-of-house staff, ensuring execution of all employee duties to
guarantee maximum guest satisfaction and a quality work
- Assists the General Manager in planning and analyzing
administration and operations manpower.
- Responsible for achieving plan profit levels while ensuring
maximum guest satisfaction.
- Assists in the planning and analysis of restaurant unit
manpower, ensuring sufficient development and training of all
employees, including subordinate managers
- Assists General Manager in all aspects of employment and
restaurant staffing including recruitment (interviewing and
selecting), training, and conducting new hire orientation.
- Attends University of Perkins and successfully completes all
- Achieves and maintains ServSafe certification.
- Performs and is able to assist in all functions for all
positions in the restaurant.
- Ensures that all menu items are prepared, portioned, and
presented properly in a clean, safe, and sanitary manner according
to all established procedures, performance standards, and
- Ensures managers and all team members are monitoring and
overseeing food temperatures during hot and cold handling to reduce
the incidence of risk factors known to cause food-borne
- Ensures restaurant compliance to productivity and service
standards by scheduling and staffing a sufficient number of
well-trained and productive employees.
- Ensures proper management of the facility and equipment through
preventive maintenance, energy conservation, repairs, security
measures, and adherence to safety and sanitation requirements.
- Ensures inventory levels for both food and non-food items are
properly maintained in accordance with company guidelines through
correct ordering procedures and efficiency usage and yield
- Ensures accurate financial data to include: restaurant
supplies, inventories, food cost, payroll/productivity, and
- Anticipates, identifies and corrects system breakdowns to
achieve guest satisfaction.
- Accountable for accurate financial data to include: payroll,
cash and receipts, productivity food costs, security of funds, and
operating expenses; prepares and reviews financial reports.
- Attends scheduled restaurant and region team meetings; makes
presentations to peers and management as requested.
- One to two years previous experience in a supervisory role;
preferably in food production
- High school diploma; some college or degree preferred
- Must be able to communicate clearlywith employees, vendors and
- Must be able to coordinate multiple tasks simultaneously
Physical Requirements / Environment / Work
- Extensive standing without breaks
- Exposure to heat, steam, smoke, cold and odors
- Bending, reaching, walking
- Must be able to reach heights of approximately 6 feet and
depths of 2.5 to 3 feet
- Must have high level of mobility/flexibility in space
- Must be able to fit through openings 30" wide
- Must be able to work irregular hours under heavy
pressure/stress during busy times
- Must be able to carry trays of food products weighing 20 pounds
for distances up to 30 feet
- Must be able to lift up to 50 pounds
Benefits & Perks:
- Health Benefits
- Competitive Salary
- Flexible Schedule
This job description is not intended, and should not be
construed to be, an exhaustive list of all responsibilities,
skills, efforts or working conditions associated with the job. It
is intended, however, to be an accurate reflection of those
principal job elements essential for making decisions related to
job performance, employee development and compensation. As such,
the employee may perform other duties and responsibilities as
Keywords: Perkins, North Port , Kitchen Manager, Other , North Port, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!