Truss Delivery Driver
Company: Gulfeagle/Kimal Lumber
Location: North Port
Posted on: November 18, 2021
Call (844) 269-5216 to speak with a recruiter today!
DELIVERY DRIVER - TRUSS
Gulfeagle Supply is a family owned business with over 80 locations
nationwide which acquired Kimal Lumber in 2018. Since the merger,
Gulfeagle and Kimal Lumber have been working to bring contractors
superior service. Gulfeagle is a full line distributor of
residential and commercial roofing and building products while
Kimal Lumber provides dimensional lumber, sheet goods, moldings,
roof trusses, windows, and interior/exterior doors. As a company,
we focus on servicing the professional contractor and builder while
also providing a variety of products and services to the homeowner,
building owner, architect and general contractor. Together, we take
pride in delivering the highest quality and best value to our
***Competitive $600 Sign-On Bonuses Available and HOME EVERY
This position exists to load and deliver ordered products to
customer jobsites, as well as coordinate the returning of products
from jobsite to a location, if necessary.
- Be committed to customer service above all else each driver is
the face of Kimal to customers and the jobsite, and will act
professionally and courteously at all times
- Must maintain a current FL driver s license, with appropriate
class A, B, or C as needed for the position
- Responsible for delivery of roof and floor trusses, as well as
beams or any related hardware items to job sites as directed by
dispatch or management
- Responsible for banding and loading trucks as necessary, and
helping with yard organization and cleanliness while waiting on
loads, ensure loads are properly secured before leaving
- Responsible for keeping the truck clean inside and out and
providing daily maintenance checklists
- Obey all traffic laws while operating company vehicles (seat
belts, hands-free cell phones)
- Make pickups of returning materials as directed by
- Try to place trusses as requested by customer at jobsite,
unless placement is unsafe or inaccessible
- Any other tasks as assigned by management
- Must be a U.S. citizen or be authorized to work in the U.S.
**All new hires must complete pre-employment background check and
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED) and three
to six months of delivery experience.
- Ability to read and write in English.
- Ability to drive within the state of Florida (including current
license), needs current Class A Florida license.
- Working knowledge of geographical delivery areas for the
- Two weeks experience or training with products and facility
layout; or equivalent experience, must also be forklift certified
to be able to help load truss packages on trucks
- Must have acceptable driving record, as determined through
driver s license check and insurance approval
- Be very organized and detailed to handle chaotic sales
environment effectively and relatively mistake-free
The physical demands described here are representative of those
that must be met by an associate to successfully perform the
essential functions of this job.
- Regularly required to stand, use hands to finger, handle, or
feel, reach with hands and arms, stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl,
and hear, get in and out of trucks in proper and safe
- Often required to climb or balance. Occasionally required to
- Regularly required to lift up to 25 lbs. and occasionally
required to lift up to 100lbs.
- Regularly required to use close vision, distance vision (clear
vision at 20 feet or more), peripheral vision, depth perception
(three-dimensional vision, ability to judge distances and spatial
relationships), and the ability to adjust focus (ability to adjust
the eye to bring an object into sharp focus).
Basis for Performance Checkpoints:
- Load, deliver and unloaded materials to and from jobsites
accurately and with little to no damage
- Be able to complete a reasonable amount of delivery requests
(according to established company guidelines), and pickup requests
in an efficient and productive manner
- Obey all company safety procedures and policies, as well as all
state driving procedures and policies
- Document backorders, missing items or picked up items, signing
and dating all delivery paperwork
- Help to keep truck in good working order, report all
maintenance needs and mechanical issues
- Be dependable, report to work on time as scheduled
Competitive Benefits Package:
- 401(K) Retirement Plan including Employer Match
- PTO & Paid Holidays
- Health Insurance - Medical, Dental & Vision
- Life, AD&D, Short & Long-Term Disability
- Health & Wellness Programs
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Health Savings Accounts
- Employee Discount Programs
This Job Summary indicates the general nature and level of work
expected of the incumbent(s). It is not designed to cover or
contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or
responsibilities required of the incumbent. Incumbent(s) may be
asked to perform other duties as requested. Kimal Lumber is an
Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not discriminate based on race,
religion, age, gender, national origin, sexual orientation,
disability, or veteran status.
All duties and responsibilities are essential job functions and
requirements and are subjected to possible modification to
reasonably accommodate individuals with disabilities.
We are proud to be an EEO employer M/F/D/V. We maintain a drug-free
EOE M/F/Disabled/Vet/Drugfree Workplace
Call (844) 269-5216 to speak with a recruiter today!
Keywords: Gulfeagle/Kimal Lumber, North Port , Truss Delivery Driver, Hospitality & Tourism , North Port, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!